ComRes is hiring for a new European Insight Manager.
ComRes is a leading European market and opinion research agency with a well-established client base in the UK and a growing portfolio of clients in the EU. ComRes specialises in policy, communications and reputation research with a particular expertise in political and opinion forming stakeholder audiences.
The post holder will be responsible for managing all of ComRes’s European activities focussing primarily on overseeing Brussels/EU-related research assignments and developing and maintaining client relationships. The post holder will report to Director of Client Services and become part of ComRes’s management team.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with existing clients by acting as their primary point of contact. Overseeing the delivery of research projects for a wide range of clients, including multinational corporations, trade & professional associations and other organisations
- Working with the Sales & Marketing team to grow ComRes’s work in the EU
- Developing and implementing communications plans to raise the profile of ComRes in Brussels
- Marketing ComRes’s research to wider audiences by preparing research reports, press releases, blogs, articles, etc.
- Representing ComRes to Brussels-based stakeholders and EU institutions
- Identifying and anticipating political and regulatory developments at European level in order to offer tailored and relevant research solutions to clients and potential clients
- Developing ComRes’s international strategy and research tools in EU member states (in particular France and Germany) and beyond
- Professional experience, preferably in European public affairs (in-house or agency)/European institutions/public policy/PR/corporate communications
- An excellent knowledge of the European public affairs industry and policy making process
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of developing commercial relationships and business development preferably at European level
- An excellent knowledge of EU institutions and processes
- Fluency in written and spoken English as a primary working language
- Ability to speak another European language, preferably French, German or Italian, to a very high standard
- Ability to communicate with prospective and existing clients often at senior levels
- Ability to work relatively unsupervised
- Knowledge of French or German political system is desirable
- A challenging, yet very rewarding job with a prestigious client base
- A friendly and lively office environment in an attractive location
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- 22 days’ annual leave
This position is officially based at the main company headquarters in London with expected frequent (probably weekly) travel to Brussels.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to Simon Thwaites at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8th February 2012.