An exciting account management opportunity at one of the UK’s best known market and opinion research companies – ComRes’s client list includes global corporates like Lloyds Banking Group and Coca Cola, broadcast and newspaper media including the BBC and ITV News, and charities including Cancer Research UK and Save the Children.
ComRes is a market leading agency with a focus on research supporting communications, corporate reputation, and public policy. Our company is best known for high profile voting intention polls, and our unrivalled MPs Panel Survey. However, our work includes the full range of quantitative and qualitative research, covering every conceivable industry sector and policy area.
Our account management team is competitive, lively, intelligent and highly motivated, and we pride ourselves on the quality of client service we provide. The team ensures that our clients’ needs are identified and met, feeding client objectives and requirements to our research team, delivering results and analysis to clients, and providing consultation on the best ongoing operational response to data. The team also takes new leads from our Business Development team, and deepens our relationship with potential clients.
You will have experience of frontline account management in a communications or public affairs agency; the intellect to understand and talk about stakeholder research; and the drive to succeed in a commercially driven environment. You will have begun to develop your own network, and be ambitious to forge commercial relationships with senior communications decision makers.
The role involves:
• Managing ComRes client projects within a defined list of industry sectors, including:
o Consulting with clients to identify needs and generate research briefs
o With colleagues, designing research projects
o Co-ordinating colleagues in the research team to deliver these projects
o Keeping clients up to date on progress
o Presenting, with colleagues, research results
• Developing strong ongoing commercial relationships with current and potential clients within your sector
• Identifying business development opportunities within your sectors, and (with the support of the Business Development team) converting these opportunities into projects
• Spreading awareness of ComRes and our research in your sectors
The role reports to the Director of Client Services, and involves close working with both the Research team, and the Business Development team.
Required Skills & Experience
• Experience in a frontline account management role within a research, public affairs, communications, marketing or similar agency environment
• Experience of providing evidenced operational advice to clients in the areas of research, public affairs, communications or marketing
• Exceptional attention to detail and impressive organisational skills
• Ambition and a desire to deliver commercial success in a competitive client services team
• The ability to meet tight deadlines, and to work across multiple projects
• An understanding of research’s place in a communications, public affairs, or marketing strategy
• Strong people skills with a confident professional manner in person and on the telephone
• An ability to communicate clearly and analytically in writing
• A working understanding of mathematics and statistics
• A team player with the ability to co-ordinate colleagues to deliver a project
The role would be based at ComRes’s Head Office in Four Millbank, Westminster. You would be working in a lively, sociable and outgoing office culture, which prides itself on producing high quality research to tight deadlines.
Terms and Conditions
• Salary range of between £24,000 and £28,000 depending on experience
To apply for this role, please submit a CV together with a covering letter to Simon Thwaites (firstname.lastname@example.org). The initial deadline for applications is Friday 18 November 2011.