ComRes is a specialist research consultancy providing insight to clients to help manage reputation, public policy and communications. In addition to the standard research quantitative and qualitative research tools, we maintain the largest suite in existence of panels of legislators and other senior influencers in the UK and Brussels. Our clients include governments, corporations, charities, pressure groups, trade associations, media, political parties, think tanks and trades unions.
THIS ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
This role presents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, experienced researcher looking to join a stimulating and intellectual ‘can-do’ environment. Our new Senior Consultant will use their proven research and project management skills to successfully win and deliver research projects for a range of public and third sector clients, working on topics including heritage, young people and education.
Specifically, the role entails:
• Identifying, developing and managing excellent commercial relationships with clients across the social research brief
• Leading on and supporting high profile client projects (often simultaneously) to tight deadlines
• Writing competitive quotes, supporting Team Leaders and Directors in producing successful proposals
• Developing innovative solutions to sometimes challenging research briefs
• Delivering first class insight and strategic counsel to clients based on a deep understanding of reputation, public policy and communications, and the ability to deploy and manage a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods
• Demonstrating a commercial focus on all projects, coordinating and managing suppliers across a range of different projects
• Working effectively within a team
• Promoting ComRes at external events and industry networking opportunities
As a key member of the team you will need to have experience of:
• Using quantitative research techniques, including designing questionnaires, checking data, analysing data and creating charts in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Using qualitative research techniques, including developing respondent screeners, writing discussion guides, conducting in-depth interviews/focus groups, writing up interviews/focus groups and analysing transcripts
• Designing methodologies for quantitative and qualitative (and mixed methods) research projects
• Conducting multi-stage research projects
• Secondary data analysis, including of official statistics
• Identifying, developing and successfully managing client relationships
• Developing and delivering recommendations to clients for putting insight into action
• Effectively debriefing clients on research findings including writing reports and presenting results
• Working in a mutually supportive team.
Our Senior Consultant - Social Research Team will have:
You will have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the confidence to engage with and advise clients on research and its implications. You will need to demonstrate an interest in and affinity with commercial thinking, identifying opportunities and talking to clients about them with the support of your team.
We require exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills, and the ability to work under pressure, prioritise appropriately and manage multiple tasks within deadlines. We especially welcome candidates with a demonstrable experience of, or at least an interest in, public affairs and communications.
You will be strongly numerate but possess creative flair, commercially competitive yet strongly supportive of colleagues, and ambitious while wanting the team to succeed.
ComRes is committed to developing its people through our ComRes Academy through which you will receive on-going training in professional research, public affairs and commercial skills.
Please submit a CV and covering letter of no more than two A4 sides to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register your interest in this role please contact at email@example.com