ComRes, one of the UK’s leading specialist research consultancies, provides clients in the UK, internationally with innovative opinion research and intelligent insight into corporate reputation, public policy and communications.
Bridging the worlds of research and communications we take the latest developments in opinion research and tailor them to provide clients with evidence and insights, helping to inform strategies, change behaviour and define debates.
We operate in a fast-paced and exciting environment and our research is often in the public eye. Our political clients include think tanks, pressure groups, trade unions, and of course political parties. We also regularly poll for high profile media clients including the BBC, CNN, ITN, Daily Telegraph and the Daily Mirror.
We pride ourselves on giving employees breadth of experience, variety and real growth opportunities and this role provides an exciting opportunity for a Senior Consultant who is looking to join such a stimulating and proactive environment.
THIS ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
Our new Senior Consultant for the political research team will use their existing knowledge of the political landscape and honed research skills to help successfully win and deliver mixed methodology research projects, and quick-turnaround polls on current hot political and social topics.
You will be joining at an exciting time of growth at ComRes and will have the opportunity to take a prominent role in engaging in client relationships and developing the research offer presented to clients.
This role will include:
- Developing and managing existing client relationships and supporting new business development activity for prospective clients across political and media clients
- Developing innovative solutions to challenging research briefs that clearly communicate ComRes’s values and expertise
- Managing and delivering high quality quantitative and qualitative research projects for clients and providing insight as a trusted advisor
- Ensuring projects retain a commercial focus by helping coordinating and managing suppliers across a range of assigned projects
- Promoting ComRes at external events and industry networking opportunities
The role would suit an experienced Senior Consultant with excellent knowledge of politics and policy, as well as quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
Our Senior Consultant, political and media research will have:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of working in a politics and policy environment
- Client and research management, ideally including working with clients in the political sphere; or at a minimum a proven interest in these sectors
- Presenting to clients, colleagues and wider industry stakeholders addressing issues of reputation, public policy and communications
- Developing innovative solutions to client briefs, responding to tenders and writing proposals for quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Designing methodologies and writing analytical reports based upon a variety of methodological approaches
- Managing suppliers and budgets on quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Line management experience and strong people management skills
Personal qualities will include:
- Creative flair and exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and manage multiple tasks within deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, with the confidence to engage with and advise clients on research and its implications
- An innovative, improvement-seeking attitude
- A professional, positive and self-motivated approach
To register your interest in this role please contact Nicola Marsh at email@example.com